Wednesday 15 February 2017

Langkawi arrival - Danna Hotel

I had enjoyed my week in Singapore, but time to move on. Had flight just after 10am for the short trip to Langkawi, so got a taxi early in the morning to leave me plenty of time to check-in. Should have been able to have lunch at my hotel. Bliss. 

Except, no. My Air Asia flight was delayed. And all I can say is a 5 hour delay seems particularly cruel when its only a 90 minute flight, and you have already arrived nearly 2 hours before the flight. That's a long time at Singapore airport. However nice an airport. My first day in Langkawi turned into a day in a departure lounge.





So rather than arrive in Langkawi for lunch and settle into an afternoon by the pool, I arrived in time for dinner and a quick unpack.

Now I had done my research and the Danna was top rated hotel on the island. And It didn't disappoint.



My room was spacious and very nicely appointed.



To get things into proportion, the marble  bathroom  was larger than the spare double-bedroom in which I had spent the last week.






And then there was the balcony to sit out on.


With a view over the nearby marina.





And to give a flavour of the attention to detail, I had a welcome pack of fruit and cookies, the fruit being replaced every day. Although not really sure I needed the knife and fork for my apple.



The hotel is in a colonial style, but a modern hotel, with all the advantages that brings. Built around an internal courtyard with a garden..


But of course you really want a pool don't you? And that was really glorious.




















If you go down beyond the infinity pool you reach the beach. The beach isn't a private one, but the hotel is the only hotel on the bay, and there aren't any houses, so its not exactly crowded.













Back to the interior courtyard garden, now at ground level.




And then into the hotel foyer. You see what I mean by a colonial style, but at the same time modern? Opulent use of space.

And next door is the Marina. Some fairly large boats, but not in the Abramovich league.
















No comments:

Post a Comment